Sunday, February 13, 2005

Why the long face..?

A correspondent has suggested that maybe I should explain the photograph below....can't think why as I feel it is quite flattering...but... I was on holiday in Italy and went for a swim off a deserted beach( or so I thought) . I came out looking like Ursula Andress' granddad...dripping wet and bleary eyed...to find my boots...and nothing else....awaiting me. No passport, camera, money....or indeed...clothes ! To cut a tedious story short...I received such overwhelming help and generosity from ordinary Italian people and their Police force...that it almost made the experience worthwhile. The smart casual wear I am showing off to such advantage in the photograph was given to me by the first person to arrive on the scene... he also gave me one Euro for my bus fare back..bless him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a nightmare... coming out of the sea and all your clothes gone...

OT: Thanks for your kind words regarding my Dutch blog. If you like, you can also visit me at http://webloes.blogspot.com/ Sometimes I'll try to write something in English. Others translate the Dutch with http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home